Wednesday, December 9, 2009

stuck in the middle with you

If you were to engage me in conversation at the moment you’d realise I’m totally obsessed with shabby chic design and I’m totally obsessed with my craft room make-over. My craft room is one of those annoying rooms that you end up with after renovations – you know the room stuck in the middle between old and new – the walk through room. It has had many incarnations over the last 25 years…it started out as our main bed room, it’s been an office, a teenage bedroom and now it’s my craft room and I love it!

DSC_0001It looks out onto the pool and there’s a bush-rock waterfall right outside my window, there’s nothing like crafting to the sound of running water!

The view from my window

If you look closely you can see the water running…DSC_0002

While I’d love to have buckets of money to throw at this project I must face facts, I just don’t, so it’ll be budget shabby and that’s okay with me. I’m using the existing furniture and shabby-ing it up.

DSC_0048 I’ve bought some lovely baskets that my good friend Renae found for me in Spotlight, and I have plans for painting that manly-blue wall (right) a feminine pink. MGM’s a bit worried (all the network cabling is on that wall) but I think his real fear is that the sahbby chci-ing will creep creep creep out into the rest of the house. His fears are justified…

Our youngest cherub has caught the bug too and is all excited about continuing the theme in her room too. But it’s okay because her room is in the extension and only one room away from my study, Now here’s the rub, because there is a room in between her room and the craft room it would not be fair to just leave that all daggy-looking, would it…?

So it’s settled #3 and I will shabby up the craft room DSC_0001and her room and the laundry in between, Renae has already made a donation to the laundry – how gorgeous is this little soap and hand cream container! (how lucky am I to have such a great friend). I have no plans beyond the borders of my craft room…right now I am content to spend a little time each day dab dab dabbing with my little paint brush…

would you like to see?

1 comment:

Followers