Monday, October 5, 2009

craft road trip booty

I love long weekends – well who doesn’t you’d be un-g’dayed (sort if like de-barking for dogs only with Aussies) if  you admitted to not liking a long weekend in Australia.

My treat for this weekend was to jump in the car with two of my best buddies and cruise down to Berry for a lovely (if somewhat soggy) Sunday.

DSC_0011This is the  travel survival pack provided by Becca. Beautifully scrap-booked outside and filled with essential items – map to get us back home if the sat-nav let us down, tiny shopping list with reminder to buy cool stuff, chuppa chup (in my fav. flavour) glow sitck (for road side breakdowns in the evening), rope - for cliff edge falls (starting to get worried about Becca’s crafting expectations at this stage), super-glue (for MacGyver moments), tiny craft project (mini knitting needles with mouse-sized scarf started) & Christmas candy canes because it’s Christmas season (anytime from August on in Becca-land)

We spent most of our time in Sew & Tell and all of our money!

The Booty…

DSC_0012

  1. a shawl pin
  2. three packs of gorgeous beads
  3. Threadworx overdyed floss
  4. some raw silk salmon coloured
  5. Heirloom Christmas Sampler kit

DSC_0016

 

 

 


We ate yummy food (Berry pie shop has to-die-for pies) and talked non-stop all day – as you do1 What a wonderful day and how lucky am I to have such great friends!

2 comments:

  1. I'd be more concerned about my road-trip experiences than my crafting experiences if I'm giving you cliff-rope :) And why didn't we pull out the oh-so-accurate map when we ignored Geepee?

    And you know what always makes me sad? When you buy all this AMAZING stuff, and then your pile isn't huge. Or you go home to show and no one else is as excited as you are - did you get to show off stuff at home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca...I did show off my stuff to general shrugs and condescending 'oh wows' but it doesn't matter 'cause I got to bolg it out there to the whole bolgospehere and I felt satisfied - so thanks again for introudcing me to blogging you clever girl

    ReplyDelete

Followers