Monday, September 21, 2009

Christmas Countdown

Yes …that’s right Christmas…again how did that happen? I love Christmas and, yes I do go over the top, and yes, making all my own cards (over 100) to send out is probably excessive but I started 2009 with plan to avoid being overwhelmed by Christmas preparations.

In a nutshell I planned to make 10 Christmas cards a month (quite do-able I thought) and then by November I’d have a stockpile of 110 cards. “hmmmm” I hear you say “I wonder how she went with that plan".”

Simple answer not so well, how many cards should I have in September? 90. How many do I have? 8 (and they’re all left-overs from last year!)

so my new plan is design one card a week (on the weekend), mass produce multiples during the week and record my progress here so I have some accountability as motivation – I expect merciless teasing if I don’t perform!

Week 1

DSC_0014

Inspired by the gorgeous simple cards in a book Becca showed me at work and also by a work colleague who said “I just put pva glue in the shape of a tree and dumped glitter on it for my cards last year". I thought I can do that and this is what I came up with, so simple I made 5 cards in under 10 mins!

DSC_0010

I love these iridescent pastel, heart shaped beads they bring a whole new emphasis on loving Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Firstly, I love this new idea to get back on track with the Christmas cards - you can be assured that I will hound you if new ones don't appear every week.

    And secondly, I love this! So simple, but so cute. I think that I like the hearts trailing away the best.

    ReplyDelete

Followers